Sunday, February 3, 2008

Texas Loosey's / La Palma

Don't let the address fool you, this place is about 10 feet from Buena Park conveniently located off the 91 freeway at the Valley View exit.

Yee-haa little doggies.....(Ok, a bit corny to start off...Just had to get ya in the mood.....)

We were lucky enough to be invited to a "pre" grand opening of the new Texas Loosey's Chili Parlor & Saloon this weekend. It was kind of a "test" night if you will, to work out any kinks before opening to the public. From what we experienced there were no kinks to work out and the food was awesome!

From what I heard, the building was gutted so everything is new, fresh and clean, from the 26 tv's inside (yes, I said 26 fella) to the stained glass light fixtures.

After being seated by our lovely hostess (thanks Shannon, looking good...) we settled in for some good grub.

The first thing I have to say is this place has a wide, wide variety of items on the menu, from burritos to steaks to pasta (you'd be hard up not to find something that everyone can enjoy).

We started off with the ceviche. It was AWESOME! That, along with my ice cold beer and I was in heaven. Not too many places offers ceviche, and they gave you a big portion at a modest price (I love this place...)

My better half had the BBQ Tri-Tip sandwich which said was very tasty. I, on the other hand had the Top Sirloin. Good meat, Me like! (I think I was a caveman in another life...) This came with a dinner salad and loaded baked potato.....and several more ice cold brews (did I mention they were cold???) Why I say this is because there's nothing worse that a nice steak with not-so-cold beers. Whatever they did here, they did it right 'cause the brews are mighty icey (is that a word?)

It was a casual relaxed atmosphere and the bar looked inviting with it's mega tv's. They even have a tv in the bathroom for pete's sake (be careful though, it takes a while for that spot on your pants to dry when you're not paying attention.........)

Can't wait to go back and sample the burritos and other cornucopia of foods they offer.

Also, got a sneak preview of the uniforms the waitresses will be wearing....Yikes, it's like Hooter's on steroids! Check it out, I know you'll have a great time!

Service "A"
Food "A"
Prices "A"

Texas Loosey's Chili Parlor & Saloon
40 Center Point Dr
(corner of Valley View/Orangethorpe
La Palma, CA
714-739-2500
www.texaslooseys.com