Saturday, February 16, 2008

The Auld Irisher Pub & Restaurant / Orange

"Top of the morning to ya" or afternoon as it was when we visited "The Auld Irisher, Irish Pub & Restaurant" in Orange.

Having been open for only a few weeks this pub restaurant is sure to be a hit in the sea of everyday restaurants. We were greeted by the barmaid and we chose a patio seat. The pub is quite a sight, having much of the decor brought over from Ireland. It no doubt took many leprechans to get the stuff over......I think I saw one as I finished my thrd Guiness (leprechan that is....)

I had the "Ploughman's Platter" which consisted of cheese meats. Deemed an appetizer on the menu, I made it my lunch along with several fresh Guiness ales! Not cheap at $12.95, but was tasty to try the selections. The "Coleman's" mustard is HOT (can you say horseradish...) yet awesome. My better half had the "Roasted Turkey Sandwich" which looked delicious, and must have been as she ate it all. The only drawback, was in trying to be authentic they sprinkle it with curry powder, which some may or may not like. Just ask if you don't want it added.

They say it gets pretty happening on weekend nights with "live" bands....I gotta check that out. While it gets crowded, the barmaid assured me there's always somewhere to hid away in quiet ( or somewhat quiet, if you will)

A must to check out for lunch, dinner or drinks and fun!

Service - A
Food - A
Prices - B

The Auld Irisher Irish Pub & Restaurant
1547 W. Katella
Orange, CA
714-633-3192
www.auldirisher.com