Sunday, January 6, 2008

Esther's Taco House / Yorba Linda

Here's a hide-away you shouldn't miss. With two locations we decided to try the Yorba Linda location. Tucked away off La Palma Ave in the Ice Palace center, it's easy to miss if you blink.
Truthfully we found out about it during a visit to another diner.

Pulling up in the parking lot the windows are pretty tinted and you really don't know what awaits you inside. Once inside we were cheerfully greeted and seated in a cozy booth with a view of the bar area.

The waitress, was attentive and prompt with our drinks, chips & salsa and order. I had the a wet ground beef burrito with green chile sauce, my date (ok, my wife...) had the breakfast burrito. The portions were huge, and I had to struggle to eat it all (I know tomorrow I'll have to struggle getting my pants on though...) The salsa was fantastic (two styles, one with a little better "kick" then the other........The food was GREAT!

As we ate we saw locals drifting in taliking among themselves, obviously its a locals favorite.
Looking at the beer flowing (at 9:30am...) couldn't help but make me jealous as I thought of all the work I had to get done around the house. But we will return to test the "Happy Hour" waters if you will.................

Whether for breakfast, lunch or dinner check it out. I think you'll love it!

Service - A+ (couldn'ta ask for better)
Prices - B (my wet burrito was $7.00 & the breakfast burrito was $4.75)
Food - A+ ( can you say "tasty")

Esther's Taco House
23741 E. La Palma Ave, Yorba Linda
714-692-7777