Monday, March 24, 2008

Mikey's / Fullerton

Now this is the place. When my old WWII vet dad kept talkng about the awesome sandwiches at a place called "Mikey's" over in Fullerton I knew I had to try it.

Close to the cross streets of Yorba Linda Blvd & Placentia Ave, this place is really tucked in a corner and you gotta look for it. You figure if an old guy (sorry dad...) gets his eats here it must be pretty mundane...Not the case for Mikey's. As we neared the entrance, you pass thru a small patio areas (for the smokers in your crowd) and on thru the door.

As we passed by the small groups of what apperaed to be locals, we were greeted by a cheery & cute bartender/waitress...(Hmmm, now I think I know why my dad goes there, he may be old, but he ain't dead....) It's a cool crowd with no tension in at all. Beer was flowing and so was the good eats. I ordered a "Knucklehead" sandwich (hey, wha'd you call me?...) and my wife had a french dip......Mikey's knucklehead dip is a combo with roast beef, turkey and pastrami, also sauerkraut. Good food, me like!

Well pops was right, the sandwiches were incredible! And the prices didn't kick my ass. The lunch special includes two sandwiches, two sides, and two drinks for $10.95! What a deal.......
I heard Happy Hour rocks...and so does the pool table and shuffleboard.

I don't care if you're 12 yrs old or 100, Ya gotta try Mikey's, #1 in our book.

Prices - A
Service - A
Looks of the Server - A+
Food - A

Mikey's
3159 Yorba Linda Blvd
Fullerton, CA
714-528-9150